Have you ever thought about, not just what Jesus is to you…but Who he is to you? Many say he was a teacher, a prophet, or a good man. Many look at Him as mere fire insurance. He’s their ticket to Heaven, yet they never give Him a thought until life gets messy and then cry out for Him to fix it all. I can say that because for a few years…I was one of those people. We want Him to move our world, while He’s wanting our hearts to be moved…to turn to Him…to feel something for all those who need Him. Yes, He is our only way to Heaven; “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by Me.” John 1:6. But He is also:
- Our Resurrection and Life. John 11:25-26a
- The Good Shepherd who lays down His life for His sheep. John 10:11
- Our Salvation. Romans 6:23, 10:13, John 1:12
- The Lamb of God. John 1:29 Fully God yet fully Man, the only one that could pay our sin debt with His life.
- The Light in our darkness. 2 Corinthians 4:6, John 8:12
- The Living Water Who quenches our thirst. John 4:14, 7:37
- The Bread of Life Who satisfies our hunger. John 6:35, 48
- Through Him we have the abundant life we long for. John 10:10
- Our Friend. John 15:14
- He is Lord. Romans 10:9, Luke 2:11, John 13:13, 1 Corinthians 12:3
- He never changes. We can always depend on Him. Hebrews 13:8
- The Word. John 1:1, 14, oh just read 1-18! ” The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us…” and this very Living Word said; “man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God” Matt. 4:4. Friends, Jesus…the very living Word himself, says that we cannot live on food alone but on every word of God…the God breathed living Word…on Jesus. Oh how much we need Him! That copy of God’s Word in your hands is your life…our life. It is the breath in our lungs. It is what gives us the song in our hearts! It is what teaches us of Jesus…of God’s heart and how to know Him…how to live!
He is still so much more. He longs for us to know Him and follow Him, yet He will not ever coerce anyone to follow Him. He invites us. Then He leaves the choice to accept His invitation to each of us. If you don’t know Him, will you accept His invitation to be adopted into His family today? Repent, or turn away from your sinful life without Him and turn to Him. If you do, I’d love to hear from you. 🙂
Who is Jesus to you? Please share in the comments. We can all be encouraged!
Love & Prayers,