I am mostly a visual learner. Please don’t tell me directions. Write them down. Better yet, draw me a map…with landmarks…then I am sure to find my way without stress! That is also why I dislike clutter. I cannot just look past it. It stresses me, so I like things neat and orderly. That can sometimes be a detriment given the pain and fatigue of fibro because things simply cannot always look the way I’d like them too.
I believe a major benefit to being such a visual learner is that I am able to extremely appreciate the beauty that God has created. That’s why I love; the outdoors, large windows, porches…you get the idea. Most of my morning today was spent on my back patio enjoying a leisurely quiet time with God. Here is a little of what I was blessed to enjoy this morning:
- The clearest blue sky with the slightest wisp of clouds.
- The brightest red cardinal that keeps dropping by for a visit.
- A mourning dove cooing as he sits on the roof ridge.
- My little buddy sunning himself.
- Glorious colors of red, yellow, purple and pure white in the pots of flowers my granddaughter helped to plant.
- Majestic green trees reaching toward the sky, their branches swaying in the breeze.
- A mean looking bee that temporarily chased me out of my seat!
And as I was thoroughly enjoying all of it, I was being serenaded by the most beautiful and varied songs of the birds! Sometimes…we just need to stop, enjoy, and be thankful for the simple things we are blessed to have been given.
The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
Day to day pours forth speech,
And night to night reveals knowledge.
There is no speech, nor are there words;
Their voice is not heard.
Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their utterances to the end of the world.
In them He has placed a tent for the sun.
Enjoy your Blessings!